For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Production Supervisor
on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
The Logistics and Production Supervisor oversees receiving, shipping, painting and plating, production and various quality control and production activities throughout our operations.
- Leads various teams related to operations logistics and production
- Reviews program requirements, assessment of constraints and resolution of operational conflicts
- Advises program and line managers on conflicting resource demands
- Monitors and expedites material and operational availability within our quality standards
- Performs supervisory duties of operations within the context of his/her specified areas and with knowledge of the company's collective agreements
- Coordinates daily work with production managers
- Plans workload and schedule for his/her groups
- In addition to supervising direct employees in his/her group, the candidate will provide guidance and support to the entire production team in regards to their duties, programs and production management
- Communicates with program planning and control staff to manage internal operations and mitigate risk
- Interfaces and communicates with program and line managers on a variety of incoming material, production and/or other issues
- May act as back-up to the Production Manager in case of absence or delegation
- Interfaces and communicates with line managers as required on critical failures and recovery plans and may participate in senior management strategic resource initiatives in specified areas
- Trains and coaches employees in the specified area of expertise and participates in the evaluation of their performance by assessing their performance and recommending areas for development
- Conducts interviews with potential new employees and recommend candidates to the Production Manager
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in Operations/Production Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant management/supervision/control experience (quality, cost, schedule sensitive).
- Knowledge of electronic and mechanical technologies involved in space hardware production is an asset.
- Excellent understanding of planning tools and ERP logic. Knowledge of planning, purchasing, finance, and ERP system modules and understanding of how these modules interrelate.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Equal Opportunity Statement
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.