Systems Administrator / Satellite Ground Systems Engineer
Seeking a candidate for a full-time position as a Systems Administrator for the development, test, mission operations, and sustainment of satellite mission control centers. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development of the ground system architecture, system design, networks and software subsystems
- Perform specification, acquisition, setup and configuration of hardware
- Perform systems administration and IT security administration of RedHat linux and Windows mission operations center computer systems
- Interface with government security personnel and implement and maintain NASA security requirements
- Support ground system testing and participate in the operational validation of the ground segment, including interface tests, end-to-end tests and mission simulations
- Support launch and early orbit commissioning operations focusing on ground system operations, including troubleshooting and resolving issues with the ground system and interfaces.
- Perform maintenance and configuration management of mission operations center computer systems and operations products
- Coordination with NASA customer and interfacing organizations, status reporting
Candidate must have at least 2-4 years of experience in systems administration and be familiar with satellite ground systems, interfaces, spacecraft systems, and mission operations processes. Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- 2+ years experience with Redhat Enterprise Linux installation, use, and system administration in a satellite operations center. Linux tasks such as patching, networking, user management, SAN management, and security monitoring and configuration required.
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems installation, use, and system administration in a satellite operations center. Windows tasks such as patching, networking, user management, and security monitoring and configuration required.
- 2+ years experience installing, testing, operating, and maintaining spacecraft ground system software in a spacecraft operations environment.
- Experience with VMware ESXi platforms and vCenter
- Strong WAN and LAN networking experience including router, firewall, and switch installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Experience performing satellite/launch mission support in a real-time operations environment.
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting activities during launch and early orbit initialization of satellites.
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite; Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence
- Detailed understanding of spacecraft CCSDS telemetry and telecommand structures.
Prior ground systems engineering experience on a NASA mission and experience working with NASA security measures is preferred. Knowledge of RF communications, networks, and spacecraft command and control systems is also preferred.
US citizenship required. EEO/AA
BS degree in relevant field (Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Math, Engineering)
Security Clearance Requirements:
The selected applicant will be subject to a government background security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. Employment with Omitron is contingent upon meeting and maintaining eligibility requirements.