Primary role purpose:
We are currently presenting an exciting opportunity for a Tax Manager to join the Direct Tax team on a 12-month FTC as a maternity cover. The Direct Tax team is part of the wider Global Tax and Treasury team and sits within Inmarsat’s CFO. The Global Tax and Treasury team is outward-facing, proactively collaborating with other parts of the Finance Division and the wider business to manage Inmarsat’s tax affairs.
The role reports to the Senior Group Tax Manager and supports management of the Group’s tax affairs, ensuring compliance with global tax requirements and delivery of tasks prior to internal and external tax deadlines. The role involves both tax compliance and reporting responsibilities, as well as assistance with ad hoc projects. It will entail working with teams across all Divisions of the Inmarsat Group on tax issues.Qualifications
- Take ownership of the preparation of the quarterly group reporting process under IFRS, including uncertain tax position schedules.
- Preparation of statutory account tax notes for UK entities and for other jurisdictions as required.
- Management of the preparation, review and submission of the UK tax returns, with overall responsibility for accurate and timely submission to HMRC together with supporting filings including corporate interest restriction, CFC and group relief.
- Management of the monthly management reporting process for tax, including forecasting of tax charge and cash tax on a monthly basis and drafting of supporting commentary.
- Draft responses to HMRC on open tax enquiries to reach resolutions on open issues in a timely manner.
- Management of tax settlement schedules, accurately quantifying the implications of settlement of ongoing tax enquiries for cash tax, computational and accounting purposes.
- Lead the liaison with external providers and business units to successfully make claims for Patent Box, Capital Allowances and R&D reliefs, acting as subject matter expert.
- Provide Business Unit support on an ad-hoc basis, working with the VP, Finance of the Business Units to obtain an understanding of the profile of the BU and input tax implications
- Provide advice to the Group on ad hoc queries relating to employee taxes and other taxes as required
- Keep up-to-date on recent developments in UK tax legislation and accounting standards.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- A qualified accountant with a professional certification (ideally ACA, CTA or ACCA).
- Proven and commensurate experience gained in a Big 4 or large accountancy firm, or multinational in-house tax department.
- Strong corporate tax technical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to create relationships across departments and business units.
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of tax accounting under IFRS (standalone and consolidation).
- Team player with a desire to build a culture of performance excellence.
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal formats
- Experience of corporate taxation, whether UK or international tax
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with accounting or tax software (SAP, Longview)
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our culture and ways of working
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to behaviours that support our values, which create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – we provide a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – we take ownership, we deliver results, and we keep our promises
- Respect – we collaborate, we embrace and celebrate diversity and we value difference
- Excellence – we create bold solutions for our customers and put quality at the heart of everything we do
We also value and encourage a healthy work-life balance, so we offer flexible working wherever possible. Depending on the operational requirements of your job and your team, we can offer compressed hours (nine-day fortnight), hybrid office-remote working, and flexibility during your working day to take care of personal commitments.
At Inmarsat we want the best people for the job, and we warmly welcome applications from you if you’re suitably qualified and eligible, regardless of your sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, gender identity, neurodiverse qualities, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity status.
Inmarsat is signed up to the Halo Hair Code, which aims to protect employees who come to work with natural hair and protective hairstyles associated with their racial, ethnic, and cultural identities.
To give you the best experience possible during your application process and interview, we can make adjustments. For example, if you’re visually impaired we’ll happily meet you locally and help you find your way to our office, or if you have neurodiverse qualities, we can provide you with additional support to help you prepare for your interview. Please let our Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you.