EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Echostar Corporation is seeking to hire a Corporate Accounting Manager
to work in our Englewood, CO office:Responsibilities
- Collaborate with current team members in preparing SOPs (standard operating procedures) for the corporate accounting and consolidations teams
- Support our month-end and quarterly close process ensuring timely and accurate delivery of financial reports in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare and record assigned weekly and month-end close journal entries and account reconciliations
- Investigate and clear intercompany balances between various legal entities
- Prepare quarterly audit schedules and monthly cash flow schedules
- Coordinate with the team and leads various SOX and audit efforts
- Take on miscellaneous duties or projects as assigned by departmental leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP
- 8+ years of related accounting experience including significant exposure to consolidation accounting – predominately at large, multi-national public companies
- 3+ years of experience working with large, global ERP systems (Oracle or SAP); Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning
- 5+ years of experience with software tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, Sharepoint
- Proficient in the use of Pivot tables and Vlookups
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data
- 2-3 years public accounting, Big Four a plus
- Highly detail-oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of the Company
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skill
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
Annual Salary: $93,500.00 - $124,000.00
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.