Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!ROLE:
As a solutions engineer you will be working on satellite network design for global commercial and government solutions. At its core, this involves optimizing high throughput satellite networks by understanding and trading dozens of parameters, including but not limited to
- Digital payload configuration
- Orbital slot selection and frequency planning
- Gateway and remote earth station selection
- Baseband selection to meet the client’s specific use case
The role provides a balance of technical and business facing responsibilities. It is a high visibility and high impact role impacting both internal and external customers. Our responsibilities include:
- Building Astranis’s profile with the international business community
- Modeling and analyzing satellite networks using in house network software
- Interfacing with Commercial, US Government, and Executive teams
- Communicating our satellite network designs externally
- Aiding in regulatory (FCC, ITU, etc.) efforts regarding spectrum use and coordination
- Aiding and influence the design of analysis software that enables us to excel in our role
- Assisting in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
Mid-level to senior management roles are available, depending on the candidate.REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics (or equivalent background knowledge)
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and shaping process and procedures for long term growth
- An excellent knowledge of enterprise LAN/WAN architecture and familiarity with IP networking protocols/hardware
- Proven track record in strategic technical sales environments balancing the customers’ wants with internal capabilities and goals
- Scripting language experience in one of the following: Python (preferred), MATLAB, R, Julia, C++, or similar. Comfortable using scripted tools to conduct analyses and trade studies.
- Preference to be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week
- Willingness to travel (:20%)
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Satellites communications industry experience with HTS systems in LEO, MEO, or GEO
- Link budgeting / Link analysis experience
- Experience with regulatory affairs for space based communications networks
- Experience working Military Satellite communications systems
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.
$140,000—$175,000 USDU.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.