AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.Summary:
The Associate Electrical Engineer will design, development, and test the electrical devices and equipment.Duties and Responsibilities:
- System level design of Command and Data Handling subsystem based on evaluation of mission and subsystem requirements.
- System level Command and Data Handling analysis, data traffic, interface allocations, data storage, data budgets, system data flow.
- Work with subsystem engineers and subject matter experts to perform reliability analysis, thermal analysis, radiation analysis. Facilitate analysis report reviews.
- Lead efforts for hardware verification testing, radiation, thermal, environmental testing activities.
- Planning for hardware and software validation and verification.
- Author test procedures and provide guidance on Command and Data Handling component testing.
- Contribute to board bring up and unit level testing efforts.
- Author and provide content for peer and design reviews.
- Monitor and track board design verification testing.
- Support during system level testing activities, system test bed and flight vehicle integration.
- Review electrical design documents, schematics, PCB layout, PCB specifications for manufacturing.
- Provide PCB manufacturing support.
- Define component manufacturing and test plans.
- Minimum industry experience 0-2 years or recent graduate with hands-on project experience.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field.
- Some experience with simple (4-8 layers, simple processor or FPGA based) board level design, trouble shooting and testing, schematic capture, PCB layout, board bring up and functional testing.
- Knowledge of common protocols and physical interfaces, SPI, I2C, RS422/485, Spacewire, Ethernet, PCIe, etc.
- Experience with mixed signal circuit analysis and design.
- Knowledge of low power board level power circuits, point of load power for controllers, buck regulators and isolated regulators.
- Basic understanding of cabling and harnessing best practices. Twisted pair vs single strand, shielded vs non-shielded, and connector types.
- Familiar with lab equipment, DMMs, Oscilloscopes, DACs, etc.
- Familiar with basic a commercial processor, FPGA, or microcontroller.
- Experience with programming a simple FPGA, Microcontroller or SoC.
- Problem solving capabilities, wiliness and eager to learn.
- Motivated to complete tasks on time.
- U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Knowledge of space electronics industry specification.
- Knowledge of space environment.
AST SpaceMobile is an Equal Opportunity, at will Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.