One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
This is an ambitious role for a self-starter who is eager to contribute in multiple ways to cutting-edge solution development on a small, fast-paced team. We have an immediate need for a senior Programmable Logic engineer with leadership skills to fill the role of Programmable Logic Lead. We also have near-term growth opportunities that require a Systems Engineer or a willingness to expand into that role. The ideal candidate will satisfy both roles.The day-to-day
You’ll play a key role in the design and development of cutting-edge RF Environment Generation Stimulators to DoD, commercial and civilian aviation customers. You’ll perform requirements analysis, design architectures, develop software and integrate complex, real-time systems. Interfacing with the customer to define requirements. Working with the system and hardware teams to design cutting edge solutions. Developing and Integrating software in a modern lab environment. Demonstrating and delivering installations to remote customers. This role provides an opportunity to work with the latest technologies, design complex systems, lead the development of modern systems, and the challenge of integrating with some of the most modern aviation systems in the world.What You'll Need
What Will Help You On The Job
- 10+ years’ experience designing and developing embedded software systems that interface to real-time hardware and firmware.
- Specializing in the development of real-time, cutting-edge embedded software
- Experience with real-time Operating Systems, including VxWorks
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a lab environment.
- Proficient with test equipment – oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Software languages including C/C++, Python, JSON
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities and common software engineering flaws
- The ability to prioritize tasks, meet schedule and see a program to completion.
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Able to work well with system, hardware, and firmware teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in SW Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Able to receive a US SECRET-SAR / TS-SCI clearance.
- Up to 10% travel
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) communication concepts
- Experience with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
- M.S. degree in SW Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
$160,850.00 - $261,150.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.EEO statement
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.