Do you enjoy designing and developing innovative solutions to solve tough problems? Join our team to deliver technological solutions in a rapid and agile production environment.
Our Mechanical engineers research, design, develop, test, certify, deploy and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems.
You'll conceptualize and deliver complex mechanical structures and systems and your technical duties include the design and development of new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle.
Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin and Durham, North Carolina, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra SpaceMust-haves:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline and typically 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Practical Knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience with Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Familiarity working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Experience applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
- Understanding of Engineering Simulation such as Finite Element structural Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Thermal Analysis
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Knowledge of industry-standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model-based definition, material hardware selection, manufacturing, and production processes
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station.
Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.Physical/Mental/Emotional Requirements:
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Rarely lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $79,264.96 - $108,989.32
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.