Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.Director, Supply Chain
SolAero Technologies by Rocket Lab is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high volume production capability and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 480 successful space missions.
Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico at SolAero Technologies by Rocket Lab, the Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for building and managing our direct material purchasing team. The purchasing team supports direct material purchasing for launch and space systems, from R&D and new product introduction through production ramp. We are growing fast, and our ideal candidate will have experience in building a high performing team. Supply Chain Management plans, leads, and implements activities related to the timely planning, cost-effective procurement, and inventory control of production materials. Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels to meet customer demand. Responsible for sourcing and supplying raw materials, utilities, and outside services, as well coordinating global procurement efforts. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the planning, purchasing, warehouse & logistics, and supplier quality functions. The Manager also creates a vision and strategic plan for supply chain.What You’ll Get To Do
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- Accountable for purchasing and fulfillment of direct materials
- Accountable for the procure to pay process of direct materials, including purchase requisitions, purchase order creation and approval, on time delivery of goods, and clearing procurement issues that hold up invoice processing.
- Responsible for developing purchasing strategy to meet Rocket Lab's cost, quality, and delivery goals.
- Responsible for leading team of buyers to meet on-time fulfillment to Production and Engineering
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to reduce total material cost
- Manage suppliers for Cost, Quality, and Delivery
- Accountable for ensuring supplier master data within MRP is accurate
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals.
- Establishes clear and defined communication paths between purchasing, engineering, and operations.
- Evaluates price trends, new products and manufacturing processes to establish cost reduction targets.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and performance factors of major subcontractors.
- Sets up cross-functional teams to achieve improvement within the supply chain.
- Establishes, Maintains, and Reports on progress of departmental goals and objectives.
- Identifies supplier non-conformances when they occur and participates in finding the solution to the non-conformance.
- Deploys the Quality Management System as it applies to the scope of work.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- 10+ years of related experience in purchasing & inventory, with management experience in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to source, onboard, and contract pricing agreements with suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to define team strategy, and build operating plans to achieve vision and long-term goals.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of time
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Prior experience in managing remote resources across multiple sites
- Prior experience in aerospace, EV automotive, or other disruptive manufacturing industries
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow atFOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here