Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Job Summary
Mission & Autonomy Engineering is focused on (a) design, analysis, and development of mission Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) from customer use cases and requirements; (b) modeling and simulation of satellites, constellations, and system-of-systems; and (c) enabling mission success through comprehensive on-board fault management and autonomy. Engineers in the group are integral throughout the entire program lifecycle. They are key stakeholders in the design and validation of mission CONOPS and Design Reference Missions (DRM), and are leaders in comprehensive end-to-end software integration, validation, and testing. They define the underlying architecture for fault detection, isolation, and response (FDIR), and own the development and validation of satellite/constellation specific fault configuration(s). They are the chief architects and implementers of satellite/constellation autonomy, ensuring mission level objectives are met and spacecraft health and safety are always maintained.
As a Mission Systems Engineer on the Mission & Autonomy Team, you will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for all Mission Analysis for a program, study, or proposal. You will drive mission architecture trades during the mission design phase; specify, maintain, and utilize hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation platforms to validate mission scenarios and end-to-end system performance; analyze payload/sensor processing capabilities and algorithms to inform mission design; provide tools and procedures for usage during on-orbit mission operations; and support on-console mission operations for our on-orbit spacecraft as a mission specialist. In addition to execution of technical design, analysis, and operation, you may be responsible for project management activities to support programs, ensuring that high-quality work products are delivered on-time.
This position's internal job code is 6K8C. Our team is currently hiring for level 4-6.Responsibilities
- Satellite constellation modelling and simulation
- Mission architecture design and analysis
- CONOPS/DRM development, modeling, and simulation
- Simulation platform (e.g. HIL) testing/validation
- On-orbit mission operations tool development and validation
- On-orbit mission operations support on-console
- Involved in technical review in the areas of Mission & Autonomy
- Provide technical mentorship to Mission & Autonomy team
- 5+ years experience in aerospace systems design and/or operation
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or the physical sciences / computer science
- Experience with aerospace systems design and architecture
- Experience with common analysis tools such as Matlab/Simulink, Python, STK, etc.
- Experience in modeling and simulation of complex systems
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- 10+ years experience in satellite design and/or operation
- MS or PhD in aerospace engineering or other related technical or engineering discipline
- Technical leadership experience, including requirements V&V, delegation and management of technical tasks, and responsible engineering authority (REA) experience.
- Experience defining satellite & constellation CONOPS
- Experience defining satellite & constellation DRMs
- Experience in orbital mechanics
- Experience in modeling and simulation of satellite systems
- Experience with satellite end-to-end testing
- Experience with Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) testing
- Experience with Software-in-the-Loop (SIL) testing
- Experience with sensor processing
- Experience with algorithm development
- Experience with satellite mission operations
- Possess active TS/SCI clearance
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
- Level 4: $128,350 - $188,750
- Level 5: $157,250 - $231,250
- Level 6: $186,150 - $273,750
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria