Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a professional in Corporate Services, you will play a key role in supporting Intelsat’s Customer Service Center and Teleport Operations located in Ellenwood, GA. With an emphasis on providing administrative support to the Department, the Corporate Services Specialist will play an active role in Security, Logistics and Facility Operations. You will interface with customers and guests, as well as provide assistance with access control activities, compliance audits and special events.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Assist security & front desk activities. Provide backup to reception desk when receptionist is not available.
- Responsible for registration of Intelsat visitors, guests, and customers
- Responds to incoming calls. Displays strong communication skills and responsive to internal and external inquiries
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks to include support for special events, preparation of correspondence, records retention, and security administration.
- Assists in the creation of security badges for new staff and contractors, sets personnel access profiles and prepares security reports for management.
- Assist with initiating Purchase Quotations, managing monthly Operating and Capital Expense accruals.
- Assists the manager of safety and security with program support and audit capacity by processing necessary documents in SharePoint.
- Assist with the development of Emergency Action Plans
- Supports Human Resources on an ad-hoc basis on assignments involving recruitment activities and employment verification.
- Performs specialized work including updating and maintaining various databases and generating reports and spreadsheets.
- Coordinate with reception desk the ordering and recording of office supplies.
- Provides Logistics support shipping/receiving and distribution of mail/small packages.
- Supports other shipping/receiving tasks as approved by Logistics Manager.
- Creates shipping labels and/or documents (FedEx, UPS, messenger, etc.), schedule the delivery, and track it in accordance with the client's specifications.
You should definitely have:
- Knowledge of basic facility security protocols
- Ability to learn security access programs, badge issuance & other processes as assigned
- Experience with shipping & logistics operations
- Excellent skills in customer service, organization, communication, and client relations.
- Dependable and available to work full-time from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with overtime as required.
- Excellent Computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, etc.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and oral and the ability to communicate effectively with both colleagues and customers.
- Ability to handle issues made complex because of their international nature and the need for multiple co-ordination points across departments in varying time zones.
- Ability to plan, organize, handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work to complete projects effectively under minimum supervision.
- Ability to make time critical decisions.
- Ability and willingness to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability and desire to collaborate as part of a team and to demonstrate interpersonal skills and emotional maturity.
- Must be energetic, result-oriented and bring strong administrative skills.
- Must be willing to articulate a friendly approachable demeanor as of the face of the company
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled