Your role in helping us shape the future:
Intelsat Inflight has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer. You will define, drive, own the architectural roadmap of Intelsat Portal/Application software end-to-end, cutting across different horizontals - Frontend, Backend, Databases and Analytics.
Are you up to the challenge?
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong Core Java skills and a solid understanding of building and deploying micro-services. You will lead the development resources as a working member of multi-disciplinary, highly skilled technical teams to architect, design, develop, test, debug and document software, by providing the leadership necessary for the delivery of high quality technical solutions and services that deliver business value.
This role requires strong leadership skills, core Java skills and a solid understanding of building and deploying micro-services. The ideal candidate is adept at delivering complex technology products and tools across a diverse portfolio, breaking down barriers for the teams, and planning both at a higher level and in detail to deliver business value.
Can you drive these processes?
- Design and develop globally deployed cloud based micro-services solutions with high availability.
- Works with the solution architect to design solutions based on user requirements. Develops web applications and APIs using Java
- Reviews code changes and implements development best practices.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver on application maintenance and support activities for existing technology solutions
- Lead and mentor junior developers and drive them into technical discussions
- Be responsible for assessing current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process improvements.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 9+ years of experience in systems implementations with a focus on both custom web/mobile application development & commercial software systems implementations; knowledge and experience in multiple technical disciplines required (development, QA, devops, etc)
- 2 – 5 years of experience in leading software development teams;
- Continuously look for new technologies and approaches for the team - help us keep ahead.
- A commitment to excellence, best practices, and the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools.
- 5+ years of in-depth development experience with Java.
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Experience in CI/CD and AWS deployments (EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, S3, Aurora, DynamoDB)
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycles; expert knowledge in Agile and Lean methods. Proponent of DevOps, TDD, Agile/XP practices, and CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate with onsite stakeholders and well organized.
- Work with micro-services teams on RESTful API designs - assist with future scripted API’s and websocket investigations.
- Solid experience with SQL/NoSQL and cloud-based technologies
- Experience in unit testing tools like Junit, Mockito & Powermock.
It would be nice if you had:
- FE Skills or understanding is a plus but not necessary
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with continuous deployments.
- Experience in functional programming
- Experience in monitoring tools like Tableau, Kibanna & Sumologic
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including Leave Benefits (PTO), medical and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Flexible Work Arrangement including 3 days of hybrid in office experience
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled