EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Network Engineer. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to manage large service provider network
- Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment, and devices
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference
- Provide clear technical documentation and written procedures to ensure other members of the support organization can assist in monitoring, troubleshooting, and changing complex customer environments
- Runs network applications testing, and may also include running performance tests
- Requires monitoring and troubleshooting of platform and OS based problems, network infrastructure and connectivity issues.
- Provide escalation support for other support organizations
- Willing to be part of the on-call rotation and able to work as a part of the overnight shift on a regular basis.
- Bachelors degree in Network Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience in Network Engineering
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Technical knowledge of common routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP etc.), IPv6, VPN etc. across a large network
- Professional level of hand-on experiencing with networking hardware (e.g., Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, F5, Mellanox etc.)
- Knowledgeable in configuration management tools such as Ansible and proven experience with PERL or Python to support developing scripts
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine) is a plus
- Good knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies is required
- Good customer service and communications skills (written and oral) are required
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies.
- Must have the ability to effectively multi-task
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI/APIC, VMWare products is a plus
- Certifications like CCNP or JNCIP is desired
- Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.