EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Components Engineer. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD. Hughes is engaged in research and development of cutting-edge satellite communication equipment & systems, engineering electro-mechanical solutions to electronic packaging challenges at the chip level, board level, & enclosure level. Custom indoor and outdoor enclosure design for custom circuit boards is a major area of focus for the team.Responsibilities
- Part of the R&D Hardware Engineering design team involved in new Component Requests, Spec Control drawings/definition, Source Control drawings/definition, Alternate Item Drawings; research equivalent material; archive and maintain component/material data in the SAP database, review/approve Engineering Change Notices
- Implement changes to Component Engineering documentation as needed
- Work with electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, & MFG groups within the company to achieve required objectives
- Advise on supplier component roadmaps, supplier technology advancements, and bring recent industry innovations into product designs
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years prior experience working as a component engineer.
- Working knowledge of all types of electrical and electronic components used in telecommunications products.
- Must be able to read and understand a datasheet and compare components for equivalency.
- Must communicate well and have excellent people skills.
- Be comfortable working with a database and maintain component data
- Experienced with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Exposure to a variety of materials (metals, plastics, chemicals).
- Knowledge of EU environmental regulations such as RoHS, REACH, and WEEE.
- Current knowledge of the state of the industry.
- Experienced with read/write access to SAP ERP system
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.