Your Mission at Virgin Galactic
Under general supervision of the Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer, the Senior Counsel, Corporate & Securities will provide legal advice to the Company on a broad range of issues in the assigned areas including, securities and public company regulatory compliance, financing matters, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, corporate and legal compliance, sustainability/ESG matters, and corporate contracts and commercial agreements.
Required Skill And Experience
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements in the U.S. and abroad pertaining to the Company, including the preparation, drafting and filing of SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K; Schedule 14A; Forms S-3 and S-8; Forms 3, 4 and 5; as well as NYSE required filings and notices.
- Support the Finance Department with financing and capital markets matters.
- Provide advice on corporate governance developments and implement best practices.
- Develop corporate and legal compliance policies and processes to implement best practices and mitigate risk and support the Company’s compliance committee.
- Provide comprehensive, global, legal advice and documentation to support the Company’s operational initiatives, including corporate contracts and commercial agreements.
- Engage in all phases of the Company’s merger, acquisition and post-closing integration processes.
- Assist with overseeing the equity award programs.
- Conduct training on insider trading, Regulation FD, compliance and various other matters in the United States and abroad.
- Provide support for the Company’s sustainability/ESG program and assist in drafting and publishing the Company’s annual sustainability report.
- Other projects as assigned by the Chief Legal Officer.
Education & Experience
- Possess and maintain comprehensive knowledge of U.S. and international laws for the assigned areas, especially in securities laws.
- Ability to be aware of legal issues arising from Company activities.
- Consider and understand legal and practical impact of business decisions.
- Ability to persuade colleagues as to appropriate course among many legal choices.
- Ability to think strategically and provide visionary leadership.
- Skilled at effectively communicating orally and in writing with specific proficiency in business writing.
- Ability to take the initiative to start and complete assignments without direct supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demands successfully.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and work ethic.
- Ability to be a coach or team player, as needed.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school required.
- 7+ years related law firm and/or corporate legal experience with emphasis in securities law.
- Member of the State Bar of California or ability to satisfy in-house specialty requirements.
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $142,306.00–$227,690.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefitsWho We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.