Your Mission at Virgin Galactic
Virgin Galactic is looking for an experienced attorney to join our growing Law Department in support of our commercial transactions and other legal needs. This position will be reporting to the Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer.
Required Skills And Experience
- Draft, negotiate, and advise on a wide variety of commercial agreements, including manufacturing, procurement, information technology, creative/media engagements and terms and conditions.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate legal risks, and implementing creatives solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across internal stakeholders to identify risks and help implement effective business solutions.
- Advise on ancillary issues arising from contractual relationships, such as claims/disputes, intellectual property rights, and supplier performance.
- Plan and execute training for other business unit teammates to help improve their understanding of contracts issues.
- Create and improve various legal templates, tools, and best practices for the Law Department relating to procurement and other transactional activities.
Education & Experience
- 7+ years of transactional experience drafting, negotiating, and advising on technology contracts, including agreements related to manufacturing, software/SaaS, and intellectual property licensing. Aerospace industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to describe complicated issues clearly and to build relationships with teammates at all levels of the company.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a knack for finding creative solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to function as a generalist to work on other projects as needed to support the Law Department’s mission, including litigation and employment law support.
- High degree of self-sufficiency and ability to take ownership of transactions and drive them to completion in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- JD degree, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar.
- 7+ years of in-house experience in several of the following specialty areas is preferred: general commercial contracts, supply chain, transportation and logistics, facilities operations, support services, leases, litigation, employment, intellectual property, etc.
- Familiarity with export control regulations is preferred.
- Familiarity with U.S. government contracting rules would be ideal but not essential.
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $142,306.00–$227,690.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefitsWho We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.