One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
The project manager is responsible for the relationship with the customer, planning, executing and evaluating the project. He needs to identify the project's goals, objectives, and scope and create a project plan that outlines the tasks, timelines, and resources required. Communicate with the project team, operations team and stakeholders, manage risks and issues, and monitor progress to ensure that the project stays on track. As our project manager, your job will be to coordinate people and processes and to ensure that our projects are delivered on time with the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving the project’s organization and timeline.The day-to-day
What You'll Need
- Project Scope, Planning & Quality: The project manager must clearly define the scope of the project and plan the necessary activities/tasks to fulfill the scope and objectives, as well as a comprehensive implementation plan to assure that the project is being delivered on time, on budget, and with quality, continuously handling customer expectations.
- Issues and Risk Management: The project manager is responsible for communicating risks and key issues acting proactively to avoid them and performing project´s corrective actions as necessary.
- Project Governance & Communications: The project manager's role is to ensure effective communication with customer partners and to coordinate the project governance with customer partners sharing accurate project progress, anticipating risks and issues and performing corrective action plans as necessary.
- Leadership: The project manager must lead his team towards success. They should provide them with directions and make them understand what is expected of them. They are also responsible to effectively communicating role expectations and responsibilities to the delivery team working with them with constant feedback. The project manager is also responsible for the team evaluation at the end of the project.
What Will Help You On The Job
- Degree in Systems Engineering (or similar field of study) or equivalent self-taught experience;
- Excellent command of English;
- +5 years previous experiences on leading teams and projects;
- +5 years previous experiences leading Software Projects;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to lead customer and partner relationships to ensure collaborative, high quality, and timely programmed delivery;
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership experience and team management, working across multiple work streams;
- Strong experience facilitating project team meetings, ensuring alignment of decision making with internal and external partners (technical and non-technical);
- Flexible and willing to meet customer requirements.
- Post Graduation in Management (Business or other related to IT or in the segments in which we operate);
- Professional Accreditation such as Prince, PMP or working towards these
- Interpersonal relationship
- Customer focus
- Decision making
- Strategic vision
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.