Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Redwire (via our subsidiary, Roccor, LLC), is accelerating humanity's expansion into space through specializing in manufacturer high-reliability satellite technologies, solutions, and products. These cutting-edge capabilities address cost and performance limitations that are helping to revolutionize spaceflight and are currently being utilized on missions with NASA, the Department of Defense, and several commercial space companies.
We have a current opportunity for a Sr. Deployable Structures Analyst located at our facility in Longmont, CO. In this role you’ll perform as an expert on the analysis aspects of deployable structures. You’ll be working across engineering teams to lead and coordinate best practices in analysis of deployables, supporting junior engineers, as well as building and validating analysis models through test correlation campaigns. The ideal candidate will have significant prior experience in the space sector, with an emphasis on experience with deployable structures and mechanisms.
- Develop, manage, and maintain structural analysis models from hand calculations through detailed finite element modeling techniques.
- Develop structural predictions and conduct correlation of models with engineering confidence testing on development hardware.
- Work closely with the design and test teams through concept development, detailed design, verification, and delivery of flight hardware.
- Provide technical support during flight build, test, and delivery to other areas of the technical execution team.
- Act as a collaborative member of an analysis team in development, verification, and delivery of high-performance deployable structures for on-orbit environments, developing technical work plans and mentoring junior engineers.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, physics, mathematics, or other space-related discipline with a minimum of 8 years industry/related experience.
- A Master’s or PhD degree in a related field may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- Experience with space deployable structures design and/or analysis .
- Expert knowledge of Finite Element Modeling and hand calculation methods (Abaqus, NASTRAN, ANSYS or equivalent), including nonlinear simulation techniques and strain energy methods.
- Experience with structural and/or environmental testing of space flight hardware and/or deployable structures.
- Experience with the analysis and testing of fiber-reinforced composite materials.
- Experience in developing analysis reports and interfacing with internal and external customers.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder (Visa sponsorship not accepted).
- Comprehensive understanding of space design best practices and lessons learned
- Familiarity with aerospace guidelines such as GSFC-STD-7000A (GEVS), AIAA S-114-2005, and/or MMPDS
- Background in structural analysis, including familiarity with load path analysis and stiffness path development
- Familiarity with multibody simulation of deployment (MSC Adams, nonlinear FEA or equivalent)
- Background in composites design and manufacturing, with experience with High Strain/Flexible Composites being a strong plus
- Experience with thermo-structural analysis
- Experience in manipulating CAD models, obtaining model properties and importing CAD models into finite element environments
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturability and experience optimizing designs for production
- Experience evaluating structures in gravity offloading test rigs
- Experience with techniques for requirement evaluation and establishing supporting verification criteria
- Experience in supporting technical risk identification, mitigation planning and mitigation execution
- Comfortable suggesting internal process improvements
- Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers
- Previous work within an AS9100 or similar accredited environment