EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Director of SEC and Statutory Reporting
who will be responsible for leading the SEC reporting for our two filing entities globally – both US GAAP and IFRS. This role is based at our EchoStar office based in Gaithersburg, MD and will report to the Controller and Chief Accounting Officer. This is a highly visible leadership role with four direct reports and the ability to expand the team over time.
This person needs to actively assess what needs to be done to grow, improve and scale our various accounting compliance operations and the underlying processes. He/She must also be an excellent leader who can build cross-functional alignment and participation, have command and control of compliance, financial statement reporting as well as the close process in order to select and build the right tools and processes. Last, he/she needs to have excellent process improvement skills as well as superior writing, presentation and organizational skills.Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all required financial statements and forms with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and DEF 14A, which requires close coordination with our legal team
- Assistant with quarterly and annual earnings release, investor decks, Audit Committee materials and other outside communications as appropriate
- Coordinate financial-related external audits, including the integrated audit of financial statements, joint venture financial reports, employee benefit plan audits and statutory audits
- Oversee and maintain appropriate documentation and identification of the Company’s SOX key processes and controls in his/her respective areas
- Manage and complete all government-mandated survey requests
- Manage, coach and develop team members
- Bachelor in Accounting and 10 years of progressive SEC reporting experience – predominately at large, multi-national public companies
- 7+ years public accounting, Big Four a plus
- CPA – Active
- Masters’ degree in Accounting
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC regulations
- Experience with Workiva
- Very strong communication and influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.