Space Ground System Solutions, a Parsons company, has an immediate full-time opening for a Software Engineer in Alexandria, VA. The position will support the infrastructure team of the Virtual Mission Operations Center (VMOC) software. VMOC is a program under contract with the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in Washington, DC, that focuses on mission critical research for National Security. The infrastructure team members apply their knowledge of software, operating systems, networks, databases, architectures, and tools to improve the maintainability and operability of modern and containerized software systems. This position requires a motivated individual who seeks to work in a team environment where creative solutions are encouraged, and technical challenges are the norm.
- Utilize automation software and manual methods to build, test, configure, run, and maintain development, QA, and production systems
- Automate configuration, monitoring, and hardening of development and production systems in physical, virtual, and cloud environments
- Develop tooling that streamlines internal development and QA experiences.
- Generate and maintain system artifacts and system documentation
- Assist in day-to-day system administration tasks to keep infrastructure running smoothly
- Communicate effectively with customers, management, and other developers to aid and provide guidance in designing new features as well as determining defect fixes
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Must be a US citizen
- Active DoD Secret with the ability to obtain a TS clearance
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or other relevant Engineering field from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years' professional experience working as a software engineer
- Experience with modern CI/CD concepts and tools such as pipelines, GitOps, GitLab, Jenkins, ArgoCD, etc.
- Strong understanding of Microservice application concepts, architecture, and deployments
- Experience defining, building, and modifying container images such as Docker or Podman
- Proven experience embedded with a project team to integrate DevOps and/or DevSecOps deployments to meet project requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Experience with relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle DB)
- Experience defining and deploying Kubernetes primitives such as Pods, Services, and Deployments
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting containerized applications to CNCF Kubernetes platforms such as Kubernetes, Rancher or OKD/OpenShift
- Experience using Helm package manager and working with Helm charts
- Experience on a containerized, cloud-native, cloud modernization, or cloud migration application development team or project
- Java/Java EE application deployment/development
- Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Unix based operating systems
- Cloud software development and concepts
- Satellite Systems, Satellite Operations, and/or Aerospace Engineering concepts
SGSS is passionate about making our nation the undisputed leader in Space because we understand that ensuring our security for future generations depends on it. We have emerged as a leader in the development of cutting-edge solutions for the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Our tremendous success can be attributed to our people and our priorities. Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the government solve major national security challenges in the space domain? We need your help.
SGSS believes in taking care of their employees by offering:
- ALL benefits fully funded, for your entire family
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Group Life/STD/LTD - no employee premiums
- HSA (Health Savings Account) provided, with SGSS funding the maximum amount allowed by the IRS
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP/401k) with a 20% annual company contribution - no employee contribution required
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of Parsons is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.