Dawn Aerospace is seeking a skilled Electronics Test Engineer to join our innovative Space Propulsion Electronics team. In this role you will take responsibility for developing the electrical testing and production infrastructure for our in-space electronics. The contributions you make will directly impact Dawn Aerospace's ability to manufacture electronics for world leading satellite propulsion systems.
As an Electronics Test Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop test strategies and oversee the execution of test plans for electronic systems for satellite applications.
- Design and build test fixtures and test equipment for electronic systems.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to analyse and troubleshoot electronic systems.
- Develop and maintain test procedures and reports.
- Analyse test data to identify and resolve issues.
- Participate in design reviews and provide feedback on electronic system design.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or demonstration of exceptional ability.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in electronics design or testing
- PCB design experience and proficiency in EDA software.
- Enthusiasm for troubleshooting and demonstration of debugging skills with electronic hardware.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Bonus if you have:
- Previous Experience in Automotive, Medial or Aerospace industries.
- Knowledge of Test Engineering and electronics test infrastructure.
- Experience with automated test jigs.
- Familiarity with volume production of electronics.
- Proficiency in software/languages such as LabView, Python or C.
- Have experience developing HALT or HITL systems.
About Dawn Aerospace
At Dawn Aerospace, we are driven by our purpose to revolutionize the space industry with reusable, sustainable, and cutting-edge technology.
Our mission is to develop vehicles that offer responsive, reusable, and affordable space flight, fundamentally transforming the current expensive and infrequent small satellite launches. As a leading provider of green propulsion systems for CubeSat, ESPA, and ESPA Grande-class satellites, we leverage our space heritage to tackle engineering challenges one step at a time.
We believe the opportunities in space are limitless, and we are on the verge of a groundbreaking transformation, akin to the transition from dial-up to broadband. Our best-in-class technology positions us as an industry leader, with many of our products set to become the most popular in their segments.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to merit-based employment decisions that are free from bias. We are also an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand. Join us in redefining space transportation and enabling a space economy that will change the world.
Important! If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you.