AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.Summary:
The Senior Engineer (Harness & Integration) is responsible for the full life cycle of the harness subsystem from requirements derivation, concept, design, manufacture, integration and test of electronics packaging solutions for satellite programs.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define harness requirements, point-to-point configuration, mechanical layout and construction, connector selection, Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) design, manufacturing drawings, installation drawings,
- Definition of mechanical outline and construction details, connector selection and specification, mechanical and assembly drawings, oversee electrical layout, electrical analysis, and ownership of final technical data package.
- Ability to terminate various circular, coaxial, and D-type connectors.
- Creation of final wire harness drawings and manufacturing documentation
- Creation and maintaining product and system level wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Perform testing such as pin-to-pin isolation, grounding, and continuity checks.
- Experience in a manufacturing, production, or warehouse environment
- Prior experience with electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident Card Holder
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field. Higher degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in design and manufacturing aerospace harness, flex, rigid flex or round wire.
- Competent at end-to-end definition and selection of connectors, wires, and other harness components and materials for space applications
- Experience with wire harness 3D design, wire harness installation drawings, wiring diagrams, and 3D modeling of complex multi-breakout harnesses.
- Proficiency with various harness design software platforms
- Experience with any of the following industry specifications: IPC/WHMA-A-620, NASA-STD-8739. 3 and 8739., SAE AS22759, J-STD-001, Mil-PRF-31032, IPC-6013, IPC-2221, or IPC-2223
- Ability to interpret and create complex electrical wiring diagrams
- Hands on experience troubleshooting complex wiring issues by getting to root cause and providing corrective action.
- In depth understanding of wire harness design and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge/experience of aerospace flight hardware integration and testing
- Flexibility/adaptability in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
AST SpaceMobile is an Equal Opportunity, at will Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.