Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!Mechanical Engineer
As an Astranis Mechanical Engineer, you will design, evaluate, test and build spacecraft parts, processes and mechanical systems. You must have a strong problem-solving background as well as hands-on skills and an enthusiasm for novel design. Experience with spacecraft, mechanisms and/or composites are benefits but not required.Role
- Design, evaluate, procure, assemble, and test primary structure, bracketry, and mechanisms for Astranis spacecraft. Components include composite and metallic parts and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing techniques.
- Develop requirements for components and systems including loads, interfaces, and functional requirements.
- Perform mechanical and thermal analysis for spacecraft systems
- Integrate parts and systems into the spacecraft by working together with the rest of the team, and document and develop procedures to improve the build process in the future.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Mastery of mechanical CAD
- Demonstrated fundamentals with mechanical and thermal analytic abilities; FEA experience is not required, but preferred
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with mechanical and/or thermal FEA
- Experience with composite structures
- Experience in designing in a vacuum environment with large temperature swings
- Experience with vibration environments
- Electromechanical design experience
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.
$110,000—$155,000 USDU.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.