AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.Summary:
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for general maintenance and construction of the facility.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general maintenance service/repairs of company facilities.
- Will perform basic painting, plumbing, electrical and mechanical work.
- Maintain the property grounds both inside and outside.
- Safely constructs, installs, repairs, troubleshoots, and maintains equipment, machinery, structures, and electrical systems within the facilities.
- Completing general maintenance (special projects), as assigned, in compliance with company specifications and industry standards.
- Assist with installation and modification of building equipment and systems.
- Replace and repair building finishes such as ceiling tiles, door hardware, wallpaper, and can paint walls, piping, floors and equipment.
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, preventative maintenance, etc.
- Perform carpentry and snow removal when necessary.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Must be an U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Non-Citizen allowed to work for any employer.
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record with periodic checks.
- Strong electronic and mechanical abilities.
- Mechanical systems - concepts in Repair, Replace, Install Equipment and Troubleshoot knowledgeable.
- 3 years of related experience.
- Technical, vocational, or on-the-job training in at least one of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry, or engine repair.
AST SpaceMobile is an Equal Opportunity, at will Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.