One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.What You'll Do
The Maintenance Control Supervisor is a key member of Viasat’s Global Enterprise Mobility team, which helps deliver and maintain Viasat’s best-in-class "Viasat In-Flight Connectivity (IFC)" services to our Commercial and Business Aviation customers. The Maintenance Control Supervisor also plays a critical part in the service launch of new customers, supporting system activations and over-the-air system checks for new installations and maintenance of the Viasat onboard In-Flight Connectivity solution. This position requires contributing to shared knowledge, documentation, and training of peers and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a background in aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing. The critical nature of the work requires good judgment, initiative, and specialized technical expertise to understand problems and develop recommended solutions.The day-to-day
What You'll Need
- Supervising a team of controllers engaged in maintaining the IFEC system as well as analysis and troubleshooting of the installed Viasat system.
- Planning of maintenance actions and implementation for the installed fleet of aircraft.
- Initiates and communicates a variety of administrative personnel actions (e.g., Performance Reviews, scheduling and/or approving OT, PTO, and disciplinary actions)
- Coordinates the Day-to-Day operation of employees on assigned shifts. "Leading and directing" is usually restricted to assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, directing efforts, and providing technical guidance on complex issues.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Maintenance Control team and works cross-functionally with Airline Operations, Engineering, Account Management, and others as applicable.
- Responsible for training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting, and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of internal and external operational procedures and processes and applies them to the completion of complex technical assignments.
- Ensure Daily Airline Reports are accurate and functional for the morning leadership review.
- Will oversee reporting and communication with the airline partners on the respective shifts.
- Capable of managing the MCC Daily Operation Morning Meeting on behalf of the Manager of Maintenance Control.
What Will Help You On The Job
- 3+ years of proven leadership and communication skills.
- Proven ability in Linux, IP networking or SATCOM troubleshooting
- Proven ability to communicate, escalate and collaborate organization-wide and with external vendors and customers
- Requires knowledge of theory and practices of inflight connectivity systems.
- Exhibit ability to effectively communicate cross-organizationally and externally
- Proven leadership qualities and strong communication skills
- Successfully able to identify, lead and execute complex departmental projects, and those assigned by Manager MCC with minimum supervision.
- Successfully able to identify and execute departmental projects, and those assigned by Manager MCC with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work 100% onsite at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- US Citizen required.
- Up to 10% travel to other Viasat offices, customer locations, and airline maintenance locations,
- Must hold a valid US Passport.
- Prior experience with RF Satellite or Wireless Communication Systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience working with Linux/Unix
- Experience with hardware and software elements involved in IP networking and satellite communications
$98,500.00 - $162,500.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.EEO statement
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.