At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
- Bachelor of Science degree in EE, CS, or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience taking measurements on RF and mixed-signal devices with standard test equipment (oscilloscopes, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with software-defined radio platforms: Ettus/NI USRP, GNU Radio Ability to carry out test campaigns: from drafting of test plans and procedures, through data collection and analysis, to report-out of test results
- Comfortable with complex test set-ups, whether in a lab environment or in the field RF hardware-in-the-loop test set-up and automation experience
- Knowledge of modulation schemes used in modern digital communications (including theory, test methods, and performance metrics)
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Desired Qualification (not all are expected):
- Master of Science degree in EE, CS, or equivalent
- Basic understanding of GNSS fundamentals, specifically the space and user segments
- Familiarity with GNSS receiver operation and GNSS baseband processing (e.g. with GNSS-SDR)
- Prior work in ground and on-orbit test campaigns for a space program
- Experience with test and/or development of GPS/GNSS receivers
- Experience with usage and/or development of GPS/GNSS simulators
- Background in RF/digital communications Familiarity with git/gitflow for version control
Xona makes offers based on geo-located salary bands using a compensation tool. We are required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to San Mateo, California and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets, experience, interview performance and training. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and comp, Xona expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range. Only in truly rare and exceptional circumstances, where an external candidate has experience, credentials, or expertise that far exceed those required or expected for the position, would Xona consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range.
Range for base salary:
Engineer II: $118,000 -$145,000
Engineer III: $137,000 -$160,000