Telespazio Belgium can count on almost 40 years of experience in the field of Space Operations Service & Engineering activities.
We provide a significant contribution to the most major Space programs of the European Space Agency. Our core business is to work on the ground to build bridges into space, contributing to the success of ambitious missions.
The European Space Agency is our biggest client and we provide highly qualified employees to many sites of ESA but mainly for ESTEC in the Netherlands, and we provide a permanent contract with great benefits, a good salary, a relocation package along with genuine support to our employees.
On behalf of the European Space Agency, we are looking for a highly skilled PA and Safety Support Engineer to work in ESTEC, in the Netherlands.
What is expected from you:
Support the Copernicus missions Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Managers in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme;
- Participation in the manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g. manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points (MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs);
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of Request for Deviations and Request for Waivers (RFDs & RFWs);
- Support the Copernicus PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances;
- Assist the Copernicus PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards - DRBs);
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and report on Copernicus PA status;
What you offer
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Product and Quality Assurance in the space sector;
- Proven record of Product and Quality Assurance activities for spacecraft units.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment
- Problem-solving mindset and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Experience with test campaigns at the spacecraft level is an asset.
- Extensive travel within Europe is required.
What we offer
- A competitive salary;
- 30 days of paid annual leave, plus the days ESTEC is closed including public holidays (~12 days) based on a 40-hour working week;
- Hybrid working scheme (3 days in the office and 2 days remote)
- Flexible working hours; you are in charge of your own agenda respecting core working hours
- Fully paid collective extensive health insurance scheme;
- A good pension scheme with no personal contribution;
- A career development (Coursera membership + training budget);
- Travel allowance;
- Extensive relocation package
You will be working within ESTEC, the European Space Agency’s offices in the Netherlands as a contractor for Telespazio Belgium. We don’t expect the employees to be on-site full time however you will still have to relocate to the Netherlands for this position.
Check out the ESTEC site here: esa.int/About_Us/ESTEC
Deadline to apply: 22/05/2023
Expected starting date: To be defined with ESA after a recruitment process of about 3 months
Please note that interviews can/will be held via skype, Webex or other digital platforms but might be held in person, on-site in ESTEC.
We look forward to receiving your application for this position!