Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.NEUTRON
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering the mega constellations of tomorrow, high assurance payloads, and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a highly cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program. If you’re interested in joining a high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity!DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION, NEUTRON STAGES
Based out of Rocket Lab's Launch Complex 2 (LC2) in Wallops Island, Virginia the Director of Production, Neutron Stages is responsible for delivering all hardware produced local to the launch site for the Neutron program including but not limited to structures, mechanisms, pressurization systems, fluid systems, tanks and corresponding production systems and infrastructure. The role will also closely work with the global manufacturing engineering organization to develop and establish the required production systems to support Neutron.What You’ll Get To Do
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
- build and lead a team of engineers and technicians responsible for the build, assembly, integration and testing of all development and flight hardware.
- Ensure consistency in department performance management and engage adjacent engineering leads for consistency between related engineering disciplines.
- Ensure the successful delivery of key strategic engineering projects spanning multiple departments and disciplines, through direct project management and/or overseeing project leaders within the department.
- Develop and maintain close relationships between various functions within the launch systems organization as well as company-wide functions. Negotiate on matters of resource and priority.
- Provide regular and timely project status updates to working groups, management meetings and/or in support of board reports as required.
- Responsible for delivery of launch vehicle hardware including across flight and ground systems, test systems and infrastructure
- Responsible for establishing production systems at the launch site / Wallops Is. as well as leveraging outsourced capability to deliver to production demand
- Support establishment of all supporting infrastructure e.g. test site, workshops, tooling and handling
- Develop schedules, budgets, work breakdown structures for a variety of cross-functional projects related to development of Neutron project in close coordination with the system development and engineering teams
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- 10+ years of experience in a production management or leadership role
- Experience leading manufacturing in a composite production environment
- Degree in business or engineering
- Lean/Six Sigma or other relevant manufacturing industry credential
- Experience working within cleanrooms and their requirements
- Experience applying modern manufacturing methods, Statistical Process Control, Industry 4.0, and automation principles
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here