Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.Team
We are seeking a highly talented Staff GNC Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical contribution to the development of the Terran R vehicle guidance, navigation and control. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required. (Clean sheet design and re-entry)What You’ll Do
You will work closely with a multidisciplinary vehicle engineering team to develop control and guidance solutions, assess the impact of designs on vehicle controllability and performance, work with the flight software team to implement control algorithms and navigation solutions into Terran 1, and make recommendations for changing vehicle configuration to meet controllability and performance goals. Additionally, you will support ground and flight tests for Terran 1 and Terran R launch vehicles.What You Need To Know
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups.
Nice to haves but not required – if you do not meet all of these criteria, you should still apply:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering
- 7+ years of experience working on GNC solutions in aerospace
- Clean sheet algorithm design working on hypersonic vehicles
- Specialization in flight controls, navigation, or guidance for launch vehicles or satellites
- Ability to work in a fast paced and intense startup environment
- Ability to complete projects with ownership of end-to-end solutions with a high degree of independence.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
- Prior work in a technical leadership role for a launch vehicle or satellite development effort
- Experience developing flight code
- Prior work in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience working with onboard IMU/GPS and developing Navigation solution
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The below-range represents Relativity Space’s current good-faith pay scale for this role. Relativity Space reserves the right to modify or update this range at any time.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspaceHiring Range