: Principal Engineer - Software DevelopmentReporting to
: Director, Enterprise Applications & IT
Every company wants to change the world, and we are doing it. Skylo's unique service allows standard cellular devices to simply connect directly over both cellular and satellite networks seamlessly for data, messaging, SOS and other critical applications. We are bringing hybrid cellular - satellite connectivity to ordinary cellular devices.
We have an open opportunity to join our team as a Principal Engineer - Software Development, onsite, in Bangalore, India
to develop and maintain technology assets and partnerships for a next generation Satellite IoT service.Responsibilities:
- Architect, design and lead the implementation of Skylo's in-house enterprise applications and IT software including for example Skylo's data mobility platform and SIM management systems..
- Maintain Skylo's software through proper documentation, versioning, bug fixing, and institutional knowledge creation.
- Create runbooks and training material for the network engineering and operations teams to effectively deploy and operate Skylo's network facing enterprise applications and IT software.
- Support the operations of the network through subject matter expertise and L3/L4 support for operational issues.
- Work with third party vendors as a subject matter expert to assist in defining requirements for Skylo's third party vendors, accepting third party releases, and integrating these components into the Skylo technology stack.
- Provide support, guidance, and management for the software development team, including technical oversight and goal setting
- Identify areas of challenge and opportunities to scale and optimize existing system solutions.
- Work with product management to implement customer requirements and contribute to refine the features.
- Establish a disciplined development and deployment process so that software ships on time and at a very high level of quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with minimum 10+ years of experience.
- Expert in implementing stateless RESTful and streaming APIs.
- Expert in reactive programming using Java. Experience with Groovy or Kotlin is a bonus.
- Expert in RDMBS, NoSQL , time-series databases and analytics.
- Experience with streaming data ingest and event processing using RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience with shared nothing and microservices architecture.
- Background in multi-tenancy and data partitioning for data isolation and horizontal scaling.
- Background in data science and machine learning is a bonus.
- Highly collaborative, attentive to detail, with a proven track record of excellent work.
- Past experience in a dynamic early-stage startup environment is highly desired.