Mynaric produces optical fiber for the skies and, as a pioneer in laser communications, enables extremely fast and secure wireless data transmission between satellites, aircraft, drones and the ground. The products are used by well-known international technology companies to build global communication networks. The emerging Internet over the clouds will connect the previously disconnected 3 billion people, bring the Internet of Things to the remotest corners of the earth and make international communication more secure than ever.Aufgaben
Join us as Hardware Development Engineer (m/f/d) and work with us on changing the future!
What awaits you at Mynaric
- Design of electronic systems across practically the entire range of electronics applying high quality standards suitable for space or airborne applications.
- High speed analog designs, high speed digital designs, sensors, actuator/motor drives and power supplies. Additionally, very complex boards integrating microcontrollers, high ball count FPGAs, memories and SoCs.
- Responsibility for the entire design cycle: Component selection, schematic, layout, laboratory bench testing, design verification and integration, handover of finished designs to test engineering and production. Also interfacing with procurement and PCB manufacturing / assembly vendors.
- Drive coordination among disciplines (electronics, mechanical, optics, control systems, software, simulation) to arrive at optimal technical solutions considering all constraints.
- Creation of own schematics and layouts using ECAD tools.
- Significant bench work to test, debug and integrate electronic using a variety of laboratory instruments (oscilloscopes, spectrum / network analyzers, traffic generators).
- Support of PCB industrialization activities. Interfacing with and support of production and test engineering, writing test specifications and training test engineers / technicians.
- Optionally some low-level microcontroller firmware and FPGA code development
- Highly experienced candidates may get opportunities to grow into technical lead positions, assigning and verifying other engineer's work, deciding on technical trades, determining, and following up on schedule, reporting status to management in verbal and written form. Also presenting in front of the customer.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Driving personality that enjoys taking responsibility, exceeding expectations, working outside of one's own comfort zone and brings a “can do” attitude. Ability and willingness to interface across disciplines to resolve technical, schedule and organizational matters.
- Minimum 3, ideally 7+ years of experience in hardware design. Brilliant candidates with little or no experience will be considered.
- Proficiency with schematic capture, PCB layout, circuit simulation. Experience in ECAD tools (preferable Altium Designer).
- Familiarity with bench instruments (oscilloscopes, various analysers and power supplies) is a must.
- Major plus would be to have experience in technical leadership positions that require on critical technical trades, overseeing schedule, interfacing with and reporting to management.
- Preferable basic knowledge of embedded programming in C/C++, understanding of FPGA programming workflow.
- A plus for us would be to have experience in motors and actuators, RF design and simulation tools
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
Be part of the company that is changing the world!
Have you always wanted to wear your favourite space outfit to work? Then you are exactly the
right fit for us! Forget the office politics and come and work with inspiring colleagues from all
over the world as you embark on an incredible journey with Mynaric to work on unique and
challenging projects and make a real contribution to the future of connectivity.
We offer you permanent employment, varied areas of responsibility, and attractive employee.
benefits. Mynaric is absolutely committed to being an equal opportunity employer so we
welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, gender,
disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.