$35.00 - $50.00 / hour
The CNC Programmer
role at Impulse Space will possess a comprehensive know-how of all CNC machining and programming operations. This role is tasked with working directly with different machines (3-axis, 5-axis, etc.) as well as interfacing with engineering teams/leadership, machinists and operations to optimize machining programs and procedures.
- Use of Fusion360 CAD/CAM/CAE program to program CNC machines and parts
- Knowledgeable of carbide tools and adjusting speed and feed parameters for maximum tool life
- Makes or offer suggestions on drawing changes to improve manufacturability
- Machine fixture tooling as directed by process sheets
- Meets expectations for productivity and production goals
- Constantly keep products moving and alerting management when production is inhibited
- Provides consistent ideas for process improvements
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of CNC programming experience using Fusion360 or applicable software (NX, HyperMill, MasterCam software)
Preferred Skills And Experience
- 10+ years of CNC programming experience using Fusion360 or applicable software (NX, MasterCam software)
- Experience with programming and operating multi axis mill and lathe CNC machines
Compensation bands are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual level and base pay is determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on job-related skills, education, experience, technical capabilities and internal equity.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Impulse Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Impulse Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.