EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Program Manager - Aviation in our Hughes Network Systems division to lead aeronautical programs through certification, launch, service delivery and support. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD. In this role you will work with cross-functional teams to manage major accounts with complex integration and support activities and will support Hughes customers throughout the contract lifecycle.
If developing cutting-edge products and services is of interest to you, Hughes is a great place to enhance your career. Launch your new career at Hughes and seize the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in the industry and exceed your potential.Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain project plans to manage scope, schedule, risk, and finance for assigned programs.
- Manage the overall relationship with customers, third party suppliers and/or airframe manufacturers throughout the program execution phase. Maintain excellent communication between Hughes and our partners through crisp correspondence and regular check-ins.
- Lead program review meetings, technical coordination meetings, and design reviews with customers, airframe manufacturers, partners and/or suppliers.
- Ensure all customer requirements (technical, contractual, support) are captured and managed within the scope of internal and third-party supplier teams.
- Draft supplier contracts and statements of work, and manage the execution of supplier contracts through development, certification, production, and support.
- Oversee supply chain tasks internally and at suppliers to ensure on-time production deliveries to customers.
- Work with MROs and customer organizations to ensure smooth installation of delivered products.
- Ensure Hughes delivers against all committed SLAs. Work with quality, engineering, supplier organizations and customer stakeholders to manage SLA performance, product reliability, and network performance.
- Oversee the tracking, reporting, and resolution of all in-service issues with the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- This position requires occasional travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Must have experience in aviation, airline industry or related topics
- Master’s degree
- Strong knowledge of all phases of the aviation product lifecycle, including design, development, testing, certification, production, maintenance and support.
- Experience in Aerospace and/or IFEC industry
- Familiarity with DO-160 or other relatable aviation standards
- Knowledge of satcom connectivity systems, avionics, and commercial aircraft installations.
- Ability to influence a variety of stakeholders to establish concurrence.
- Solid time-management skills and self-discipline.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively interact with different levels of the customer and internal organization.
- Knowledge of FAA/EASA STC processes.
- Prior experience with linefit and retrofit programs in the aviation industry.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.