Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Software Engineering Supervisor on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.The Software Engineering Supervisor Will
- Provide oversight of the technical, schedule, and cost execution for the Software Engineering Team.
- Manage the implementation of the Human Space Flight Technical Integration Contract (HFTIC) Statement of Work, Annual Work Plans, and processes as they relate to Software Development while managing to the established budget for the organization.
- Be primary interface to various Human Space Flight Programs, such as International Space Station, Gateway, Commercial Lower Earth Development (CLDP), balancing contractual requirements on a completion form contract.
- Maintain consistent communication with all stakeholders, managers, and employees and provide clear reporting through all channels.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members, and other stakeholders.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range obsolescence, technology infusion, and work plans.
- Effectively communicate project expectation to team members.
- Monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness and facilitate resolution of all issues.
- Balance concurrent assignments with competing priorities
- Provide leadership and guidance for all Software Engineering Projects.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise employees and influence them to take positive action and be accountable for their work assignments.
- Follow all applicable safety guidelines.
- Conduct themselves in an ethical manner, following all applicable company policies and customer policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university, plus ten (10) years of professional experience with a minimum of three (3) years IT Project Management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and target clear and concise message to the appropriate audience.
- Ability to resolves problems, interprets policies, and demonstrates solid knowledge of contract requirements, processes, and procedures to support both technical and administrative contract operation.
- Complete understanding of Project Management Principles.
- Experience working in environment with need communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Candidate must be team oriented and effectively lead the team to success while ensuring team members are effectively utilized and career goals are managed.
- Attention to detail, initiative, and the ability to perform in a fast paced and dynamic environment is required.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and able to easily adapt to new toolsets.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
- PMP Certification a plus.
- NASA or DOD experience a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2312
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/