Our long-term client relationship with Jacobs has led to a need for a Pressure Systems Engineer on the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.The Pressure Systems Engineer Will
- Provide detailed engineering analysis and technical consultation for development, design, testing and evaluation of spacecraft pressure vessels and pressurized systems supporting flight Programs, Projects, and ground systems.
- Provide technical guidance, oversight, and resolution of technical issues to NASA projects and programs relating to pressure vessels and pressurized systems.
- Manage the structural integrity and operational capability of spacecraft pressure vessels, including composite overwrapped pressure vessels (COPV) and pressurized systems.
- Responsible for fracture control requirements definition and implementation for spacecraft pressure vessels and pressurized systems.
- Serve as consultant for pressure systems and vessels used in ground tests and test support equipment.
- Manage and direct analysis tasks, tests, and research in durability, fatigue, fracture and failure analysis of pressure vessels and pressurized systems, including all aspects of associated materials and processes.
- Consult with Materials & Processes on durability, fatigue, fracture and failure analysis of pressure vessels and pressurized systems.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.Required Education/Experience/Skills
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school, plus five (5) years of related experience.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school, may be expected to have a related Master's Degree, plus ten (10) years of related experience.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school, may be expected to have a related Master's or higher degree, plus fifteen (15) years of related experience
- Ability to critically assess manufacturing/material processes and designs, and work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with professional and nonprofessional personnel at all technical and managerial levels in both oral and written form.
- Experience in pressure vessel development, qualification, and certification.
- Knowledge of industry standards including ANSI/AIAA S-080, Space Systems: Metallic Pressure Vessels, ANSI/AIAA S-081: Space Systems Composite Overwrapped Pressure Vessels, ASME 31.1/31.3, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) Section VIII.
- Experience in durability, fatigue, fracture and failure analysis of pressure vessels and pressurized systems including composite overwrapped pressure vessels.
- Experience in hardware failure analysis to include metallurgical, analytical, and non-destructive testing and nondestructive evaluation (NDE) techniques.
- Must have problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Familiarity with desktop software applications, MS Office and MS Teams is required.
- Ability to travel 25% of time per year depending on program/project needs
- BS degree, MS degree, or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Materials Science from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of five (5) years of direct pressure vessel/systems experience.
- Knowledge of NASA Standards used for manned space flight hardware.
- Previous experience supporting Pressure Systems, and/or Materials and Processes for NASA/Aerospace projects, as well as working on a NASA project.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2262
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/