Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Program Coordinator - Configuration Management & Meeting Services on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Program Coordinator - Configuration Management & Meeting Services will:
- Support NASA Programs by ensuring Configuration Management (CM), Data Management (DM) and Meeting coordination functions, processes, and procedures are implemented and are consistently followed.
- Perform Configuration Control, Change Integration and CM Receipt Desk functions to facilitate change paper including Change Requests, Variances (deviations and waivers), and Program Directives through the CM process from initiation through implementation and closure.
- Coordinate across multiple contracts, teams, and organizations to facilitate the movement of baseline changes through applicable boards and panels, ensuring accurate and reliable data is captured.
- Ensure all documents are current, distribution is timely, changes to a configuration baseline are properly identified, recorded, evaluated, approved/disapproved, incorporated, and released.
- Represent CM at Program Boards, provide board support functions including support to milestone reviews and TIMs.
- Attend and participate in Program meetings.
- Develop, integrate, maintain, and post Program meeting agendas and presentations.
- Manage restricted data and topics per established processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and provide meeting logistics for multiple meetings/week – room and equipment, tool support and in-meeting support including troubleshooting issues.
- Develop meeting minutes, document formal actions and coordinate to publish as required.
- Track formal board actions and statuses through completion.
- Provide Change Paper status at Program Board meetings.
- Provide early morning and after-hours meeting support as assigned.
- Commute and travel to other installations as required.
- Provide Data Management and Integration support which include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish and implement process controls for generation, transmittal, receipt, distribution, storage and records retention of Program documentation and deliverables.
- Assess and understand Program restricted data requirements to ensure proprietary and sensitive data are marked, appropriately controlled and data transactions are monitored.
- Conduct audits to ensure established data quality and standards are met in the Program document management system.
- Conduct Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) tasks to provide configuration verification, discrepancy tracking, and audit support.
- Assist in planning and executing processes, procedures, and requirements across all Program organizations and identify process improvements with plans for implementation and execution.
- Actively participate in team projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS/BA degree in a related field, plus five (5) years experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in working Change Management and Configuration Identification, Configuration Status Accounting, Verification and Audits, Document Management and Meeting coordination.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Must be proficient in detailed minutes taking and be able to communicate clearly and concisely to Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, & Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing multiple tasks with tight deadlines while coordinating with an internal and external network of affiliated/impacted contractors and civil servants.
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to quickly resolve technical mishaps or unforeseen events in the meeting to minimize meeting down time and stress.
- Experience in developing and applying CM concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Experience in using CM tools to integrate best practices.
- Must be customer focused and can articulate and patiently instruct others (peers, managers, teammates, and customers) in relevant CM processes.
- Demonstrated ability to coherently compose and respond to email communication; creation and editing of instruction documents when needed.
- Experience working individually and actively participating on integrated teams.
- Knowledge of EIA-649, National Consensus Standard for Configuration Management OR NDIA CDM certification OR CMPIC Certification.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and/or Data management (proprietary, ITAR, etc.).
- Experience with supporting Systems Engineering and Integration teams.
- Experience with leading a project or event, or experience with self-starting or self-leading (in professional career) is a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2319
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/