Barrios Technology has a need for a Business Specialist to join the Corporate team located in Houston, TX and Huntsville, AL.
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
Barrios has experienced a period of growth. As we continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for an organized, analytical individual who will be able to support multiple contracts and managers within the company. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with government contracts, experience with cost reporting on government contracts, and some experience with pricing and estimating.The Business Specialist Will
- Support our projects as a business specialist ensuring contract financial deliverables are timely and accurate.
- Work with program and project leaders to establish resource loaded budgets and forecasts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cost data and how to interpret that data, including its impact to the project and company. A successful candidate must understand this is more than data entry.
- Provide appropriate performance metrics and reporting to internal and external customer.
- Coordinate regularly with various levels of management, corporate departments like finance and contracts, and vendors/subcontractors.
- Participate in business process improvement initiatives across corporate departments.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.Required Education/Experience/Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar field from an accredited college or university, plus one (1) year of professional work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar field from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of professional work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar field from an accredited college or university, plus ten (10) years of professional work experience.
- Ability to support multiple teams and departments in an organized manner.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Experience in Microsoft Suite of tools such as PowerPoint, and SharePoint, especially Excel (pivot tables, macros, etc a plus).
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Experience with financial reporting, pricing, forecasting, estimating, and/or cost analysis.
- Government related cost reporting, especially NF533 reporting.
- Government proposal process.
- Deltek Costpoint experience.
- Deltek Cobra experience.
- Ideally, you will be located in either the Houston, TX or Huntsville, AL area. That said, Barrios strives to maintain a flexible, and diverse working environment for our people. Barrios currently offers flexible working arrangements, including hybrid work, to help reinforce our strong commitment to providing greater work-life balance and flexibility.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2277
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/