Our long-term client relationship with Jacobs has led to a need for a Meteorite Processor on the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.The Meteorite Processor Will
- Conduct petrographic characterization, digital imaging, inventory and cataloging of meteorite samples.
- Assist visiting Principal Investigators (PI's) when they visit the Meteorite laboratory.
- Prepare meteorite samples for a variety of geologic analyses to include:
- Cutting, chipping or band sawing samples.
- Transferring and weighing samples.
- Tracking the movement of these samples through the Curation database.
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.Required Education/Experience/Skills
- BS degree from an accredited college or university in an associated technical discipline.
- BS degree from an accredited college or university in an associated technical discipline, plus two (2) years of experience.
- BS degree from an accredited college or university in an associated technical discipline, plus five (5) years of experience.
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience working in a clean-room laboratory.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally a laboratory environment within an ISO class 4 – 7 clean room where adherence to clean room protocol is required.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2321
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/