Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for an ISS Lab Technician on the Boeing Engineering and Technical Services (BETS-SWS) contract located in Houston, TX.
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.The ISS Lab Technician Will
- Support the International Space Station Power Laboratory (IPL) and Prime Software Production Facility (PSPF) test activities, and support other labs as required, at Johnson Space Center (JSC)'s Sonny Carter Training Facility (SCTF) Software Development and Integration Laboratory (SDIL) in Houston, TX.
- Build cable harnesses and test wire assemblies, construct and modify structural rack components, perform internal card exchanges in existing laboratory and test support hardware.
- Provide operational support which includes configuring laboratory hardware as needed to support software testing objectives.
- Handle, move, integrate, configure, Class III/II/I Ground Support Equipment (GSE), and Flight rated Hardware.
- Coordinate lab testing with Vertical Rig Management (VRM).
- Support planning meetings virtually, and in person, as required.
- Provide logistical support to facility service contract representatives for electrical, cooling, and plumbing, service calls.
- Drive forklift in support of movement of International Space Station (ISS) Lab hardware, spares, and test support equipment.
- Provide written feedback to Lab Technician Manager regarding progress of on-going projects.
- Adjust instantly to changes in tasking priority, to accomplish multiple goals, in parallel.
- Follow all applicable safety guidelines.
- Conduct themselves in an ethical manner, following all applicable company policies and customer policies.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills.
- Quickly identify and troubleshoot network cabling issues while providing verbal feedback to Manager.
- Respond quickly to issues and organize and simplify technical information.
- Communicate by understanding users, interpret user requirements, and providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
- Work both independently and in a team environment and be capable of performing multiple parallel tasks to meet schedules, choosing and implementing most effective methods.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Two (2) years of college with courses in appropriate technical field, plus ten (10) years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment down to and including the component level:
- Hardware assembly, fabrication and modification.
- Preventative maintenance on hardware experience.
- IPC J-STD-001 / Space Applications Electronics Hardware Addendum / IPC-7711/7721 CIS certifications a plus, but not immediately required.
- Prior forklift training / certification a plus, but not immediately required.
- Prior ESD training / certification a plus, but not immediately required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2310
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/