Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Summer 2023 Barrios Intern on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
We are looking for talented and passionate collegiate students to join our Barrios Technology Internship Program. This is a unique opportunity for a college student to have an internship supporting the NASA Human Spaceflight Programs: the International Space Station (ISS), Commercial Crew, Gateway, Orion, and Commercial LEO Development Program (CLDP), as well as NASA science programs. This position will be a Communication and Outreach position, supporting one of NASA's Orion program at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
The Summer 2023 Barrios Intern will have an opportunity to:
This is an intermittent internship opportunity: Summer 2023 is scheduled for May 2023 – August 2023
- Support Communication an Outreach for the Orion Program.
- Create digital illustrations.
- Support meetings to gather requirements for designs/illustrations.
- Perform other duties as required.
An unofficial transcript is required at the time of application. Please upload your transcript in addition to a resume.
- Students must be actively enrolled in a Bachelor's or higher level degree program from an accredited, college or university.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint).
- Excellent communication skills (in both written and verbal), integration, coordination and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills. Demonstrated ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Sophomore credit equivalency (30-59 hours) with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Experience with Adobe, Blender, and Final Cut.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2332
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/