Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-PAE Product Assurance And Safety Engineering.
Galileo System PA & Safety Engineer In addition to work package description activities:
- Support the Galileo System PA&S Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo System Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
This includes the following main tasks:
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participating in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions.
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of waivers and deviations.
- Provides support to the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.
- Contributing to the identification and processing of system non-conformances and to the proceedings of the Galileo System Non-conformance Review Board (NRB).
- Ensuring the implementation of the Software PA and Software configuration Management Requirements baseline for the Galileo System Support activities.
- Monitoring the integration and test activities with test witnessing, mandatory and key inspection points. configuration inspections and quality assurance audits.
- Supporting the preparation of the Galileo System PA&S dossier for system qualification.
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all assigned contractual deliverable items.
- Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions.
- Supporting Security activities as appropriate.
- Supporting the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline is required.
- Proficiency in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of other Member States’ languages is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- All employees receive good remuneration in line with function and experience.
- When autonomous then teleworking can often be utilised.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week.
- There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora contributes 15,7% of pensionable salary to a company pension scheme and employees can optionally make additional contributions..
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 13 June 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PAE-942 (RT-C/TEC-QQM/00942 ) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 15 June 2023, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!