Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Program Meeting Specialist on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.The Program Meeting Specialist Will
* We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this potential opening, however we do not have assurance at this time if and when the position will be finalized and opened. Because we have strong reason to believe the position will be approved soon, we are proceeding with identifying qualified candidates and conducting interviews.
- Coordinate across multiple contracts, teams and organizations to incorporate agenda items in program boards and panels with little to no external oversight.
- Develop, integrate, maintain, and post program meeting agendas and presentations.
- Manage restricted data and topics per established processes and procedures.
- Prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines while coordinating with an internal and external network of affiliated/impacted contractors and civil servants.
- Populate and maintain Wiki pages, calendars, and SharePoint sites.
- Develop and maintain desk/work instructions.
- Receive and provide peer-to-peer instruction and assistance on technical tasks.
- Perform data management (electronic and in-room) to ensure the meetings are restricted based on data-owner classification.
- Provide in-meeting support including scheduling the meeting room, providing IT support for initial set-up, performing basic troubleshooting for issues during meetings, and post-meeting support as required.
- Creating and distributing technical meeting summary minutes on a strict deadline.
- Identifying process improvements to include plans for implementation and execution.
- Provides early morning and after-hours meeting support as assigned.
- Some travel required.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.Required Education/Experience/Skills
- Associates degree or specialized training or at least two (2) years of specialized experience.
- BA/BS degree in a related field from an accredited college or university, or at least five (5) years of specialized experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, & Outlook); PC Laptop computers.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing detailed minutes
- Experience in a customer focused role with demonstrated ability to articulate and patiently instruct others (peers, managers, teammates and customers) in detailed technical processes.
- Strong organization, attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing multiple tasks with tight deadlines while coordinating with an internal and external network of affiliated/impacted contractors and civil servants.
- Demonstrated ability to coherently compose and respond to email communication; creation and editing of instruction documents when needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly resolve technical mishaps or unforeseen events in the meeting to minimize meeting down time and stress.
- NASA human spaceflight experience.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and/or Data management (proprietary, ITAR, etc.)
- Experience with leading a project or event, or experience with self-starting or self-leading (in professional career) is a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2022-2200
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/