Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Communications Manager (Remote Eligible) on the Human Space Flight Technical Integration (HSFTIC) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX).
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.
The Communications Manager Will
- This position has been designated as an alternate location / remote eligible position *
- Manage Gateway communications specialist team and lead development and execution of strategic communications plans.
- Lead the execution of communication plans and tactics that reflect and support the Gateway program's overall communications goals.
- Coordinate with Public Affairs Office on media relations at key programmatic events.
- Develop and lead the execution of a Gateway recognition program.
- Develop and lead the execution of a strategy for visual documentation of program and enterprise progress through the development life-cycle.
- Lead the creation of unique and timely public relations content that provides value for the agency and will be sought out for distribution by high visibility NASA outlets.
- Coordinate with Public Affairs Office to monitor, measure and report out on media coverage; maintain currency on program and Artemis level news developments.
- Identify and work with Public Affairs Office to provide media training to program subject matter experts.
- Work closely with partners across the Artemis enterprise to coordinate communications efforts and ensure consistent internal and cross program messaging.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.Required Education/Experience/Skills
- BS/BA degree or higher from an accredited college or university, plus ten (10) years of applicable experience.
- OR -
- BS/BA degree or higher from an accredited college or university, plus fifteen (15) years of applicable experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills and strong text editing skills.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with innovation or process improvements projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or other media development tools.
- Familiarity with social media best practices and tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic counsel to the customer, envision and communicate creative solutions to business challenges, and successfully develop and implement communications strategies and tactics.
- Knowledge of government aerospace communications practices and limitations is preferred.
- Prior experience with NASA Human Spaceflight programs.
- Prior experience with NASA public affairs, outreach and other communications offices.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2022-2223
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/