Our long-term client relationship with KBR has led to a need for an Operations Planning (Ops Plan) Flight Controller on the Integrated Mission Operations Contract II (IMOC II) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). This is an entry-level position that is part of the team that supports the ISS Mission Operations Planning (Ops Plan) Flight Controller who is responsible for coordinating, generating and up-linking all plans & supporting material for the ISS crew.
Building on more than four decades of experience in providing innovative integration solutions for government and commercial space programs, Barrios offers an extensive range of engineering, software, and related technology integration services in support of the aerospace community. As a woman-owned and operated small business, we are a people-focused company that supports professional development, while working to ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Barrios employees actively participate in the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry through our partnerships with companies leading commercial space development, as well as successfully supporting NASA as our primary government customer. Our long history supporting Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on the International Space Station, and now Commercial LEO, lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon through our work on Orion, Gateway, and the Space Launch System.The Operations Planning (Ops Plan) Flight Controller Will
- Support the International Space Station (ISS) Mission Operations Planning (Ops Plan) Flight Controller who is responsible for coordinating, generating and up-linking all plans & supporting material for the ISS crew.
- Perform the lead planning integration role among all international and domestic planners.
- Monitor real-time execution of the timeline, making recommendations and balancing priorities as real-time issues and anomalies arise.
- Provide support to the International Space Station (ISS) Mission Operations Planning Group in the NASA JSC Flight Operations Directorate (FOD).
- Work closely with other FOD organizations, Flight Directors, International Partners, and other NASA organizations and centers to plan ISS operations.
- Obtain training to achieve certifications up through the Ops Plan position.
- Upon achieving certification, support ISS real-time operations as an ISS Flight Controller in the Mission Control Center (MCC) at the Johnson Space Center.
- Develop mission timelines pre-flight and in real-time that are used in directing the ISS crew and flight controllers in operating the ISS.
- Coordinate the development, testing, and deployment of planning software tools used aboard the ISS and in the control centers
- Develop planning products and planning processes used in plan development and training.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position is posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, position requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.Required Education/Experience/Skills
- Currently enrolled in a BS Degree program in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering (ABET) or similar field of study from an accredited engineering school, college or university with an anticipated graduation no later than June 2023.
- OR -
- BS Degree in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering (ABET) or similar field of study from an accredited engineering school, college or university.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and the ability to apply them to real-time operations is essential.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, leadership, teamwork, technical, and administrative skills are mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, and coordinate a wide range of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to progress through flight controller and instructor certifications.
- Must be able to respond under pressure as a Flight Controller for positions in the Multi-Purpose Support Room.
- Must be able to apply technical knowledge and operations concepts to exercise effective decision making and initiative in a real-time and fast-paced operational environment.
- Must be a self-starter who excels in a dynamic environment with the ability to work effectively both alone or as part of a team.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills .
- Supporting shift work (nights, weekends, and holidays) is required.
- Must be able to support infrequent travel domestically or internationally.
- Russian, Japanese, or European language skills, scripting, or web development working knowledge, or project management experience are all a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol as outlined in our Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- This position may require some commuting and traveling to other installations as needed.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Barrios Technology is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in several states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 2023-2256
External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/