AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.
AST SpaceMobile is seeking a Technical Program Manager responsible for the project and program management of satellite and space vehicle subsystems consisting of command and data handling, electrical power, reaction wheels, torque rods and harness, totaling over $40 million in budget.
As a TPM, you will be leading cross-functional teams consisting of 10-20 people during the design, manufacturing, testing, and delivery of hardware including batteries, solar arrays, harnessing, PCDU, FC and test equipment, either by internal team or by our design partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and controlling earned value metrics, resource allocations, and integrated master schedules (IMS) aligned with program management office (PMO) need dates as well as ensuring successful completion of critical reviews.
- Guiding program support activities related to subcontracting, supply chain management, material planning, and capital expenditures in excess of $40 million in overhead funding.
- Coordinated with multidisciplinary teams consisting of 10-20 people on the system, hardware, software and manufacturing team.
- Review contracts with suppliers and design partners, drive major milestones and design reviews, schedule payments.
- Managed engineering and reliability lab infrastructure design, configuration, and management, keeping reduction in cycle time and cost in mind.
- Drive the development and manufacturing of test procedures (Life cycling, qualifications and acceptance testing) used to test and verify manufactured products for multiple space vehicles.
- Captured requirements from stakeholders to determine test parameters, design constraints, procurement limitations, and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
- At least three years of experience as a Technical Project Manager.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Control Account Management (CAM), and Confluence.
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate documentation.
- U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with a focus or coursework in electrical systems, or aerospace engineering.
- Master’s degree in engineering or MBA in Program Management.
AST SpaceMobile is an Equal Opportunity, at will Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.