Virgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (NYSE: SPCE), recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
Who You Are
We are looking for a Manager, Benefits to set the strategy of our employee benefit programs in our company—including healthcare programs, leave programs, and retirement plans. Your work will be of utmost importance since the delivery of our benefits program is vital for employee attraction and satisfaction. This is a working leader position.
The Manager, Benefits must work from our Tustin, CA office 3x per week. This is a hybrid position.
- Program Design
- Ensuring our programs are market competitive, compliant, and cost-effective.
- Identifying opportunities for refining the benefits lineup, introducing inclusive benefits, and aligning our offerings to the needs of our workforce.
- Serving as the primary point of contact with our benefits administration provider for the content and services of the Virgin Galactic Benefits call center and website.
- Working closely with our broker on the negotiation and renewal of benefits plans, market benchmarking, and plan design alternatives.
- Engaging with carriers on eligibility files, escalated claims, and data accuracy.
- Coordinating STD/FMLA and state required leaves of absence with our 3rd party administrator.
- Ensuring service level agreements are met and maintained.
- Ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Analyzing benefits data to identify cost structuring options and alignment to best practices.
- Performing data reconciliation and audits to ensure accurate carrier file feeds and deductions.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of internally controlled processes.
- Performing audits and reconciliations on billing, invoicing, and eligibility files.
- Ensuring legal compliance and deadlines are met, such as 5500s, Non-Discrimination testing, etc.
Teammate Support & Internal Stakeholder Management
- Serving as the point of contact for Open Enrollment, including education materials and teammate education.
- Being responsive and timely to escalated cases and appeals that are sent from the benefits administration provider and/or employee inquiries and problem resolution requests.
- Delivering New Hire Orientation for the benefits module and supporting new teammates with enrolling in the benefits.
- Answering policy and procedures questions and researching escalated claims issues.
- Partnering with payroll regarding deductions and file feeds.
- Coordinating with Business Partners and Employee Relations on leave cases, accommodation requests, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Experience. Preferably have a BS/BA with 8+ years of proven Benefits Administration experience, including leading a team.
- Experience with BenefitFocus Benefits Administration platform is a plus
- Proficient in using an HRIS systems (e.g., SuccessFactors)
- Understanding of data recording and analysis
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills
- Experience with managing multiple plans that include retirement, health, medical, dental, vision, life, etc.
- Experience creating content for Open Enrollment communications and general announcements throughout the year
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and math skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office applications, including intermediate Excel and Outlook skills.
- Ability to independently analyze and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.