Are you looking to take your career to new heights? Want to work in the cutting-edge aerospace field?
At SpaceWorks Enterprises, we specialize in next-generation high-speed flight systems, human and robotic spacecraft, as well as entry, descent, & landing technologies. Our core competencies include conducting preliminary design of aerospace concepts, performing detailed multidisciplinary engineering analysis, developing commercial aerospace software, prototyping spacecraft hardware components, and conducting market and economic research within the aerospace industry. We serve clients from the Department of Defense, NASA, and the commercial sector.
Currently, we are looking to hire a full time aerospace structural or mechanical engineer to join our growing team. The structures engineer will work within a small team of engineers on the design, analysis, development, testing, and installation of the structural components and mechanisms for aerospace systems. The position is located in Atlanta. GA. US Citizenship is required.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Conceptualize, design, analyze, procure, integrate, and test aerospace structural and mechanical systems
- Support analytical modeling, sub scale and full-scale ground testing, and flight testing
- Develop and execute test procedures for verification and validation of systems and components including qualification and acceptance testing
- Interface with external suppliers and customers
WHAT WE OFFER
At SpaceWorks, we believe in cultivating a culture that offers the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. It is our firm belief that work-life balance is critical to strong, happy, healthy employees. As we challenge what is possible and push the boundaries of innovation, we stand together as a team. Here you will find a community that is dedicated to our mission as well as your personal goals. Here are just a few of the benefits we offer to our employees -
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage options including medical, telemedicine, vision, dental, long term disability, short term disability, health savings accounts, and flexible spending accounts
- Flexible work schedules - the position is in-office at our facility in Atlanta, GA, however we do offer telework days, compressed workweek options, core hours, and flex time to provide flexibility to our employees
- Time to reset - paid time off, paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- 401k + company match, opportunities for bonuses, employee experience events throughout the year, employee assistance program, and more
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in launch vehicle, aircraft, UAV, or spacecraft design
- 2+ years of experience with one or more structural FEA software tools such as ANSYS, Nastran, FEMAP, or Abaqus
- Experience in metallic aerospace structures design, analysis, manufacturing, integration, and qualification including margins, factors of safety, dimensioning rules, and limit loads
- Hands-on experience in aerospace hardware integration and testing
- History of being a "builder" while in school (e.g. rocket clubs, racing clubs, robotics clubs, Maker space work)
- Understanding of fundamental engineering principles such as Stress, Strain, Statics, Beam Theory, Dynamics and Deformable Bodies
- Understanding of advanced engineering principles such as failure modes, machine design, fatigue, and manufacturing
- Ability to produce and read engineering drawings
- Proficiency in computer aided design tools such as Solid Edge, Unigraphics NX, SolidWorks, CATIA, and/or PTC Creo
- Ability and willingness to succeed in an intellectually challenging, fast-paced, hands-on product development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE...
- MS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Experience designing composite structures and the inherent material and manufacturing considerations
- Experience with engineering requirements generation
- Experience with designing flight structures under thermal loads
- Familiarity with modeling in Python, Excel or MATLAB
- Experience with GD&T per ASME Y14.5
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the requirements above. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Check out our website to learn more about us and apply so that we can learn more about you! https://www.spaceworks.aero/
SEI Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.