SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.TECHNICAL SUPPORT ASSOCIATE, STARLINK
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As an early member of the Starlink Customer Support team, you will be the face of Starlink to our customers, ensuring they have an exceptional overall experience.
In this role, you will triage, troubleshoot, and resolve technical customer issues. You will analyze trends, identify gaps, and design simple, effective support interventions that improve our customers' experience. We're looking for excellent problem solvers who move quickly and proactively, and are obsessed with the success of our customers. This role is ideal for someone looking to join a scrappy, early-stage Support team and set the tone for how we help our customers.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage and resolve customer issues across multiple channels (digital, voice, etc.). Be a relentless internal advocate for the customer within SpaceX.
- Provide technical support to customers using hardware, software, and network expertise.
- Surface product, process, and training issues by pairing quantitative and qualitative methods. Be the voice of the customer, in the language of the business.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including the Network and Software teams, to create and improve troubleshooting workflows and monitoring tools and resolve technical root cause issues.
- Create and maintain internal Knowledge Base & Help Center collateral.
- Test different releases of software and hardware configurations to detect and solve current and future customer issues.
- Debug and root cause hardware and software issues.
- Troubleshoot application/hardware issues.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 1+ years of experience in a front-lines technical support role diagnosing, troubleshooting, or repairing technology products.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Talking with others comes naturally, you derive satisfaction from resolving their issues, and you can distill complex concepts into simple explanations.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to flex weekend and night shift hours as needed to support our growth.
- Demonstrated experience in high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Technical aptitude - experience with networking, hardware troubleshooting, software development, etc.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows, Linux, iOS, etc.
- Experience actively using and learning about consumer electronics.
- Experience debugging Wi-Fi and router functions.
- Experience using SQL in a work environment.
- Written/verbal business fluency in Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Greek, Italian, and/or Ukrainian.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Must be available to work 12 hours a day on one or more of the following shifts:
- Alternating weekday schedule: C shift (6PM - 6AM)
- Alternating weekend schedule: B shift (6AM - 6PM)
- Alternating weekend schedule: D shift (6PM - 6AM)
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends.
Technical Support Associate/Level 1: $29.00/hour
Technical Support Associate/Level 2: $31.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policiesITAR REQUIREMENTS:
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.