SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.PROPELLANT SCHEDULER
The Texas Test Operation team is looking for a talented individual to procure, schedule, and internally distribute propellants for test operation consumption as required for launch and testing needs. This role allows an exciting opportunity to work closely with engineers, technicians and other staff in a key support role at the SpaceX Rocket Development Facility.
In addition to the daily planning responsibilities we are looking for someone who can identify and tackle complex problems by applying principles of operations/industrial engineering and process improvement tools to help inform and steer both tactical and strategic decisions for propellant distribution across multiple test programs on-site. Ultimately this individual will need to be a flexible self-starter who enjoys creating and improving processes, solving challenges/puzzles, finding creative opportunities to help teams move faster and thrives in an ambiguous, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and coordinate fuel deliveries to test sites
- Coordinate and review schedule input from engineering, operations, production, logistics, and business development to predict and order upcoming propellant for testing needs
- Make fast decisions regarding internal and external resource allocations to support site operations
- Provide daily visibility, weekly status, and monthly reviews on schedule performance
- Prepare weekly delivery schedules and track progress to highlight progress, advise the site management of needed adjustments to site priorities
- Provide scheduling expertise to department, company, and other personnel as required
- Effectively and comprehensively communicate to support teams, as well as to third party supply chains in a timely and effective manner
- Create and maintain reporting metrics to provide updates to the SpaceX organization
- Data mine EIS applications or other company tools to identify and analyze trends and develop forecasts/schedules for the site
- Understand the capabilities and challenges of close proximity third party supply chains and be able to rapidly respond to challenges
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in the field of math, science, or business and 1+ years of experience performing scheduling duties in a manufacturing, industrial or aerospace environment (4+ years of experience performing scheduling or project manager duties in a manufacturing, industrial or aerospace environment will be considered in leu of degree)
- 1+ years of experience in using Excel, SQL, or Python/R for data analysis or project management
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, science, business, supply chain, or economics
- Experience with data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau, or equivalent and discrete event modeling tools
- Experience with lean, six sigma, and related production principles
- Experience in an industrial or operations engineering role/environment
- Experience with Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, or other scheduling programs
- Proficiency with statistics, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, and root cause analysis
- Experience in a technical industry
- Advanced Excel proficiencies
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Must be available for all shifts, extended hours, and weekends as needed; flexibility required
- Must be able to quickly respond to changes in priority, missions, or milestones and update the schedule accordingly, potentially on the nights and weekends
- This position is based in McGregor, TX and will require relocation
- Able to travel to other SpaceX facilities as needed
- Physical effort including sitting or standing for extended periods of time, lifting and carrying weight such as materials or equipment (up to 25 lbs. unassisted)
Propellant Scheduler/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Propellant Scheduler/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.ITAR REQUIREMENTS:
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.