Location: Mountain View, CA, onsite
Salary range: The typical salary range for this position is $105,000 to $145,000 per year and is commensurate with experience & location relative to the position
Skylo Technologies is hiring an Application Engineer to join our Engineering team to implement Skylo's vision of building a carrier-grade Satellite network. This role will be highly cross-functional, working across network engineering, wireless systems, chipset partners, and platform teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in seeing their work has an immediate global impact in the wireless industry.
- Develop and manage NTN lab and field test environments for device and chipset ecosystems.
- Manage and optimize the software deployments and configurations for eNodeB, core, and other network elements in IODT and cabled LAB environment.
- Participate in technical discussions and interface with Skylo's chipset partners for IODT and Certification processes.
- Work closely with wireless systems, core, and network engineering teams to consolidate and build frameworks for LAB infrastructure.
- Work closely with System test teams in providing the necessary support around the automation and application frameworks from Network to eNodeB infrastructure.
- Conduct field demonstrations and proof of concept trials with customers and end users.
- 5+ years experience as an application engineer in LTE, 3G/4G wireless infrastructure.
- BS / MS in Computer Networks, Science, or Electrical Engineering with Wireless as a Major.
- Experience in debugging and triaging the first level of issues with core, eNodeB, and other Network elements across the LTE network.
- Programming experience in Python, Perl, Bash, and C.
- Experience working with various chipsets or devices supporting wireless protocols such as LTE, 3G / 4G, and IoT.
- Working experience interfacing with partners/customers and supporting them to launch their products and integrate end-to-end solutions.
- Experience in demonstrating technology and product capabilities to potential customers.
- Comfortable working with Network, Hardware, and Cloud applications to demonstrate the end solutions.
- Proven track record of taking the initiative and driving ideas to execution with focus and agility.
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.